”What an opportunity, what a great event for students and young entrepreneurs!”
– Mia Matsson, Jakobstads gymnasium, Finland
Participated Takeoff 2018 as a Teacher
Takeoff will be held remotely on November 20th as a one-morning, concise program outreach providing the same inspiring program as every year – this time just in a different form! Read more here. We will publish a more detailed program and schedule in October.
Please read this page carefully as it includes important information of teacher’s responsibilities both before and during Takeoff! Also note that as the event approaches, we update the pages on a regular basis. Therefore, make sure to keep yourself informed of the latest Takeoff news.
Before the event
- Enter your school to Takeoff, read more here. Note that this year there is no limit to the number of participants in Takeoff, i.e. all willing students and teachers from the same institution can participate.
- Make sure to book a room from your school with preferably a big screen, as students from the same educational institution participate in the event as a group from one place. Ie. the teacher connects the group to the broadcast.
- You will receive an email including the Takeoff broadcast link. Save this email as you will need the link on the event day.
- Teachers will also receive a news letter introducing the Takeoff workshops and speakers. Forward it to your students or otherwise share the exciting program with them already before the event so they know what to expect.
Practical information of the day
- Participate in Takeoff with your students by joining the broadcast link sent to you. Only the teacher needs to open the link and then reflect the event to a white screen.
- There will again be workshops held by companies. This year the workshop teams are formed of students from the same school. The companies introduce the task, after which the students have time to solve it in the classroom. Once the time is up, the groups write their answers to Mentimeter. More detailed instructions will be given during the event.