”What an opportunity, what a great event for students and young entrepreneurs!”
– Mia Matsson, Jakobstads gymnasium, Finland
Participated Takeoff 2018 as a Teacher
Please read this page carefully as it includes important information of teacher’s responsibilities both before and during Takeoff! Also note that as the event approaches, we update the pages on a regular basis. Therefore, make sure to keep yourself informed of the latest Takeoff news.
Please note that students are teachers’ responsibility the whole Takeoff day!
Before the event
- Before registrating to the event, select the participating students from your school and ask their interest in being a Takeoff team leader.
- Enter your school to Takeoff and apply for team leader positions on 25th of September, read more here. Please note that the places are limited!
- Inform the students that by attending Takeoff they agree to Slush’s Code of Conduct and give us permission to take photographs and videos that can later be used for marketing purposes. This means the students/staff can later be seen in our official visual materials for marketing and communication purposes, including website, Instagram, brochures etc.
- Inform your students that access to Slush is only granted if they have both the Slush pass and the Slush wristband. It is extremely important to keep them both safe!
- See the updated program for students here. The program for teachers will be published on this page.
Practical information of the day
- Takeoff takes place in Haaga-Helia University of Applied Sciences (Ratapihantie 13, 00520 Helsinki). Haaga-Helia is within short walking distance from Pasila railway station – if you arrive by train, the easiest way is not to enter the station but walk through the underpass.
- Slush is organized right next to Haaga-Helia at Messukeskus (Messuaukio 1, 00520 Helsinki).
- Students will receive their Slush passes upon registration. Make sure your group arrives to Haaga-Helia on time!
- After the Opening words, the students are divided into groups of 6 (on average) in which they participate in the workshops. The team leaders are wearing black Takeoff t-shirts and have a printed schedule of the day.
- The staff of Bisneskurssit can also be recognized from black Takeoff t-shirts during the event.
Program for teachers
During Takeoff we organize program for teachers as well. We also encourage teachers to visit the workshops and see what all the students are learning! Teachers also receive Slush passes and thus have the possibility to visit Slush throughout the day.
Takeoff program for teachers,
- 09:30 – Registration
- 10:00 – Opening words
- 11:30 – Sharing experiences of entrepreneurship education nationally and internationally, TAT
- 12:30 – Lunch
- 13:30 – Innovation workshop, NY
- 15:00 – Slush visit (Messukeskus)
- 17:00 – Closing words (Messukeskus)
- 17:45 – Event ends